- Apply industry best business practices to achieve optimization of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems.
- Assimilate best of breed organization’s methodologies from classroom instruction and corporate visits to analyze, interpret, and define complex data to support enhanced reporting and decision making.
- Develop broader perspectives on the practical applications of ERP systems beyond US military and DoD ideologies
- Promote professional development through leadership and teambuilding technique enhancement for the refinement of logistics operational frameworks.
- Provide theory, industry exposure, and examples of application for military and government logisticians to support ERP systems at a higher level of efficiency and effectiveness.
The IB2 seminar in Logistics is a three-week educational and experiential learning opportunity to provide mid-career officers in logistics exposure to industry best practices.
Learning takes place in the classroom and through site visits with a diverse selection of local companies and institutions.
- A virtual kickoff provides competitively selected participants with a framework to discuss G-Army objectives, requirements, and customer-focused opportunities for their organizations.
- The program team engages participants in the development of problem and opportunity statements based on individual workplace experiences.
- Participants are provided with an understanding of key private sector focus areas and drivers of success.
- Groups are partnered with leaders and specialists in industry to benchmark ERP applications against DoD logistical uses.
- All team observations, discoveries, analyses, and recommendations are presented to, and discussed with, a panel of military, government, academic, and industry professionals.
- Individual academic knowledge and benchmarking observations are used for effectively addressing problems and opportunities relevant to organizational applications.
This course is designed for selected high-potential O-4 officers and in logistics.
$15,750 – Total cost of the program. This tuition covers lodging, meals, program materials, transportation during the course, and any associated cost.
Professionals and organizations interested in this program should contact IDB’s Customer Advocate, Mike Bogdahn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 577-8324 for enrollment information.
What to Expect:
This 15-day program begins Monday afternoon with a welcome orientation, followed by a reception in the evening. The subsequent weekdays will have faculty sessions and industry visits from approximately 8:00 AM ET to 5:00 PM ET, with few exceptions. The last Thursday night of the program will be dedicated to group presentations and a graduation ceremony. The program will conclude on Friday morning after breakfast.
To maximize the benefits of the collaborative environment of the program, we strongly discourage participants from bringing spouses or other guests.