The IU-IDB MBA Program conducts a rolling admissions process. It is to your advantage to apply well before the deadline. To enroll in the Fall 2017 program (Class of 2019) the deadline is June 16, 2017.
Send the following to Indiana University at Bloomington - Kelley Direct Online:
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) official score
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or another approved alternative* if English is not your native language
School codes are selected by name in the GMAT system, so select the Kelley Direct code related to Indiana University's MBA. The alpha numeric code is GKS-8M-09.
*GRE scores may be accepted in lieu of GMAT by exception. Please submit your GRE scores to the Indiana University-Bloomington school code 1324.
Return the following items by mail to the IU-IDB MBA Program Office in Chapel Hill:
- Application form
- Personal Statement
- Professional Work Evaluation Form
- Statement of Organizational Support
- Letter of Recommendation
- Unofficial GMAT or GRE score report
- $110 application fee (Forms of payment: credit card or check payable to "Institute for Defense and Business" - waived for military and veteran candidates)
IU-IDB MBA Program Office
Institute for Defense and Business
1250 Environ Way
Chapel Hill, NC 27517-4433
Contact your undergraduate and any postgraduate academic institutions to have your official sealed copies of all transcripts (including transfer credits) mailed directly to the above address.
Provide a personal statement to answer the following questions. Your essay should be approximately 750 words, typed (double-spaced). Please identify each page with your full name and birth date. Attach to application form.
- What qualifications do you have that would make you a strong candidate for this program?
- What abilities and attributes would you like to develop more fully?
- How can the IU-IDB MBA program help you achieve your career goals?
English Proficiency: If English is not your native language, you must demonstrate proficiency in English prior to admission. To meet Indiana University's minimum standard for acceptance to any graduate or professional program, you may submit any one of the following as satisfactory proof of English proficiency.
- TOEFL score of 550+ (paper version/PBT) or 213+ (computer-based version/CBT) or a provisional minimum of 79+ (internet-based version/kBT). IUPUI's school code for the TOEFL is 1325 .
- A grade of 6.0 or higher on the Cambridge International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Successful completion of ELS Language Centers Level 112 master's Intensive Program.