The IU-IDB MBA program is highly selective. Applicants are accepted whose academic background, work experience, and leadership abilities meet or exceed the standards for the program. All criteria are considered when evaluating the applicant’s potential for successfully completing the program and gaining significant benefits from the program. Consideration will be made on an individual basis for those candidates who do not meet the criteria below but possess a strong desire to obtain an MBA and otherwise demonstrate an ability to successfully complete this rigorous program.
The IU-IDB MBA program and its business school partners have established admission criteria and will make admission decisions for applicants based on the following:
- Completed application for graduate study
- Official transcripts from all completed graduate and undergraduate coursework
- Generally, a GPA of 3.0 or higher/grades of "B" or better in courses completed since first bachelor's degree
- GMAT (score at an acceptable range within the last five years)
- Letter of recommendation (from the applicant’s commanding officer or immediate supervisor)
- Professional Work Evaluation Form
- Demonstrated expertise with accounting and statistics (or will be required to take primers upon acceptance)
Please refer to the checklist requirements for more details on the application package requirements.